One more day until the weekend..whoo hoo! So ready for this weekend to come work seemed to go by slooow and even though I love my job the weekends are always a beautiful treat.
Important things that happened since Tuesday is that I am for sure going to Vegas with my mom, dad, sister and brother over St. Patricks day weekend. My family LOVES Vegas. My dad takes us once we turn 21 and I went with him and my sister last year and it was so so much fun. So I am going to start a countdown until March 16th! Now to try and find airline tickets that aren’t ridiculous.. so far I cant find anything under $450..boo
In running news my best friend Steven sent out a huge email chain to all of our friends to get a group of people to run the Chicago Rock and Roll half in August so I will be adding that onto my race plans, it would be so fun to do it with all my college friends! And I have registered for the Champaign Half Marathon so I will be officially racing my first half on April 30th (PS I can never spell officially right, ever, I always type officialy and then can’t figure out how to fix it, what a dummy).
So in the spirit of racing I have decide to share my training schedule because I would love some feedback! I plan on trying to run 4 days a week and then taking every Sunday as a rest day and Wednesday and Fridays as cross training/strength days. I couldn’t figure out a good way to post this so I will just write the miles out and totals. Any speed days I plan on doing at least 1 mile warm up and .5 mile cooldown
- Week 1:3 easy, 3.5 tempo (+1.5), 5 easy,8 long=21 miles
- Week 2:3.5 easy, 6 x 400, 3 pace (+1.5), 9 long=21 miles
- Week 3: 3.5 easy, 4.5 tempo, 4 pace (+1), 10 long =22 miles
- Week 4:3.5 easy, 4×800, 5.5 easy, 8 long =21.5 miles
- Week 5: 4 easy,7 x 400, 3.5 tempo (+1.5), 8 long =21.5 miles
- Week 6: 6 miles, 11 miles (going to be in Vegas this week) =17 miles
- Week 7: 4 easy, 8 x 400, 3 miles pace (+1), 13 miles= 25.5 miles
- Week 8:3 easy,5 x 800,35 min tempo, 11 long
- Week 9: 4 easy, 9 x 400,3.5 tempo (+1.5), 10 miles long =23.5 miles
- Week 10:3 easy, 3 pace (+1.5), 4 tempo (+1.5), 14 long = 27 miles
- Week 11:5 easy, 10 x 400, 3 pace (+1.5), 5 easy= 19 miles
- Week 12: 4 easy,30 min tempo, 20 minutes easy, RACE
So any thoughts? I tried to color code to make it easier to read, hopefully it did! The only thing I am worried about is that my week day miles are shorter (3-5.5 for the most part), will it be too hard to run long when I am not doing more then 5.5 during the week? I just want to avoid running TOO much because I have issues with my left shin it likes to pretend like its going to get shin splints all the time and the more I run the more it gets angry with me-any advice how to fix that would be awesome as well.
And on that note I am retiring to my bed for the evening- It’s almost Jersey Shore time!!