Happy Lazy Sunday! This weekend has been such a relaxing, lazy weekend. After my run yesterday I did a lot of laying on the couch with Sean..we ended up staying in but did venture out to best buy so I could buy this..
- New Camera
I love it so far!! I wanted in in pink but was channeling my inner Veruca Salt and needed it NOW so I settled for the blue because that’s what they had in the store.
Today we got up and had breakfast at eggsperience.. it was delicious! If you live in/around Chicago I HIGHLY recommend it. I forgot the battery for my new camera though so I couldn’t take any pictures of the deliciousness
I was in a baking mood today so I found this easy healthy blueberry muffins recipe..
- 3/4 cups milk (I used skim)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup blueberries (I used almost 2)
You mix the wet ingredients (egg, milk, applesauce) and the dry (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt) seperately then pour the wet into the middle of the dry and fold in the blueberries. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. It made 12 decent size muffins. I probably used way too many blueberries because the muffins were oozing out blueberries but because they aren’t that sweet I think it helped! Very quick and easy! Now that I have a good camera hopefully I can start doing more fun food recipes!
Ingredients mixed together
Spoon into muffin tin
12 yummy muffins!
Oh and this also happened today..
Half Marathon Numero 2 signed up for! I better really enjoy this first one!
Now time to lay around some more until the Oscars..GAGA tomorrow!!
Last week I described my long run through pictures and numbers so this week I thought I would describe it with my random thoughts during the run. First of all I got these beautiful babies in the mail yesterday
They are the same model as the one’s I have been running in (Asics 2150) but I decided my shoes were getting worn down and possibly the reason for my shin pain so I ordered these from runners warehouse for $54.00!! I was pumped about the price..and they match my bed spread!
And now for my random thoughts..I used the mapmyrun app on my phone because I am still garmin-less so that’s what the random mile markers and times are from..I only looked at it every once in awhile
- First 2 miles..”hmm I am enjoying letting this random guy pace me and running exactly two steps behind him..hope he doesn’t mind”
- 2.9 mile: First look at the watch and it said 25:00..oops going a little fast
- 34 min mark..”running in the snow is really hard..I don’t wanna do this anymore”
- 40 min: 4.5 mile mark..stopped and stretched and felt renewed “half way..I got this”
- 50 min mark “So much snow..in my nose..not cool”
- 1 hour “hmm I am REALLY thirsty..I should start learning to bring water with me”
- 1:05: “I am really glad I picked a route where I would get to stop at stop lights on the way back”
- 1:07: “What the what why are all these stop lights GREEN!”
- 1:12: “8 miles..oops where did my Nike + go? Good thing I turned it off halfway through because I didn’t want to know what mile I was at..and now its gone missing”
- 1:18: “Really I have to run past my house to finish this? 3 more minutes 3 more minutes”
- 1:21:00: 9 miles in exactly 1:21..I guess I’ve got this nine minute pace down!
And that is what I was thinking! Overall a much harder feeling run then last week’s because the snow was really hard to run in. My shins felt fine though so hopefully these new shoes are the magical trick I needed. RIP Nike +.. you were fun for the 3 days I used you. Good think my garmin is getting returned to me tonight
How was your Saturday workout? Any plans for tonight?
-I am going to be a lazy slug the rest of the day then going out tonight!
First time drinking in two weeks..should be sufficiently tipsy after one drink.
Happy Thursday I love Thursdays! Its almost the weekends..Friday’s at work always go by fast..its just a great day!
Workout: Just decided to do a 10 K..6.2 miles according to the nike +. I still don’t know how much I trust this thing but I used the map my run app on my phone too and that said I ran 6.29 miles so close enough. It was a rough one though, first 5k in 25:30 then 8k in 43 and then 10 k in 54:340. It was sooo windy down by the lake, really windy city? I’m over you!
And now time for..3 Thing Thursday! Today I will share 3 random facts about me from my past!
- I love to read! When I was little I used to lay in my bed and read books for hours. I also happen to be a very fast reader, I finished the last Harry Potter book in a day as well as the last book in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series in a day. When I get into a book I can’t put it down. But the problem is I never have new books to read so I rarely do unless I am on vacation, or my roomates bring home books. When I went to Florida in December I read a new book every day.
- I used to think I was going to be really into theater. I tried out for a lot of local community plays and musicals when I was in grade school, and never made ANY! I must have been terrible. I also tried to be a dancer and try out for poms in high school..no worries I was one of the only two people who got cut. Thank god I gave up those ambitions..I just wasn’t cut out to be a performer I guess.
- I only went on two spring break trips my whole life and they were both to South Padre Island, Texas. And both were..Awesome. The first year my friend Maggie and I drove down there with 6 of our guy friends and then the next year there was a huge group of 12 of us that all went. It’s totally a Spring Break place and not that nice but I loved everything about it.
Happy Spring Break!
That’s all I have for tonight..I am going to try and convince SOMEONE to go get fro-yo with me..I still haven’t gotten any since I wanted some LAST Thursday..sad life
What are your fun plans for the weekend?
-We have no plans yet but GAGA on Monday