25 Questions: Holiday Style
- Eggnog or hot chocolate?
Hot Chocolate! I don’t think I can honestly say I’ve ever even had eggnog
- Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Never wrapped and not under the tree! In our house each kid gets a “spot” and santa puts all the presents in your “spot”
- Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I feel like we have always had colored lights but I think white lights on the tree are really pretty.
- Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope! My grandma does though
- When do you hang your decorations up?
Depends on when we get around to it. My mom decorates my house at home but since I’ve been living in apartments I don’t really decorate that much. We put up lights in our apartment last week..
- What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
My grandma makes homemade speghetti and meatballs for christmas eve each year! It is the only meal I think that is really our traditional Christmas meal
- Favorite holiday memory as a child?
We always used to read “Twas the Night Before Christmas” as a big group at my grandma’s house Christmas Eve and then when my cousins stopped coming my dad would read it to us before we went to sleep.
- What is on your Christmas wish list?
Main things were a vera bradley backpack and a food processor. I also wanted gloves and more workout pants.
- Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve?
Nope not usually. I get to open presents from my boyfriend today!
- How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I don’t have a tree at my apartment but my parents have a ton of ornaments and lights for ours at home.
- Snow? Love it or dread it?
I love it! It doesn’t feel like Christmas without snow. Now that I usually have to travel to go home though I don’t mind if there isn’t because driving in snow sucks
- Real tree or fake tree?
- Do you remember your favorite gift?
Hmm I can’t think of one particular favorite. Last year I got a TV- that was awesome. When I was little I got a big doll house that I loved.
- What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
For sure hanging out with my family. We get to see my mom and dad’s families including most of our cousins and aunts and uncles. It’s so nice that everyone is able to travel to get together every year
- What is your favorite holiday dessert?
- What is your favorite tradition?
Waking up Christmas morning and lining up according to age. Youngest goes first and then we slowly walk down stairs and see all of our presents
- What tops your tree?
I’m pretty sure my parents have an angel
- Do you prefer giving or receiving?
Both? I had a really fun time this year picking out gifts and can’t wait to give them all out! But I’d be lying if I didn’t say I liked receiving them as well.
- What is your favorite Christmas song?
Mariah Carey’s All I want for Christmas Is You
- Candy canes, yuck or yum?
- Favorite Christmas movie?
A Christmas Story. I love that its on 24/7 Christmas Day
- What do you leave for Santa?
Milk and Cookies. Santa used to be so sneaky and leave crumbs and a half drank glass
- Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
Yep- we are usually told a set time that we can’t wake my parents up before. Now that we are older everyone likes to sleep in but then the whole family (all 7 of us!) get up together. My dad gets the video camera and tapes up walking down the stairs and seeing our presents (or at least he did when we were younger). Then we open presents from each other and my parents get their gifts. The past few years my mom made an awesome breakfast after and we used all our fancy Christmas dishe
- Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
This year I did most my shopping on-line.. I haven’t been to the mall for presents in a long time!
- Christmas letter or Christmas card?
Christmas card- but usually it turns into a “Holiday Card” since we never get it sent out by Christmas.
What is your favorite Christmas tradition?